From: lcraver@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: LGBT Character Representation On TV Decreases Again, Per GLAAD Report
Date: Wed, 01 May 2024 23:34:57 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Thu, 2 May 2024 06:34 UTC

On Wed, 01 May 2024 04:36:48 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
wrote:

>GLAAD president and CEO Sarah Kate Ellis said networks should continue to
>cast LGBT characters.
>
>“We know that LGBTQ-inclusive series can indeed be successful, as
>demonstrated by shows like ‘The Last of Us’ and ‘Yellowjackets,’” Ellis said
>community, especially transgender people, to see our lives reflected on
>screen to counteract the misinformation and harmful rhetoric going unchecked
>by politicians and journalists. And we know that younger audiences are hungry
>for shows that truly reflect the world around them.”

So stupid question but how many series period are represented in their
statistics vs last year? I mean if there are fewer shows it's not
shocking there would be less characters of ANY sexual preference
assuming all shows this year have the same number of characters as
those last year which I agree is an assumption but I don't see
anything suggesting there are on average fewer characters per show
this year over past years...

Re: LGBT Character Representation On TV Decreases Again, Per GLAAD Report

<v0vt9l$3qemd$7@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://novabbs.i2p/arts/article-flat.php?id=215182&group=rec.arts.tv#215182

From: weberm@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 02 May 2024 04:30:43 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 2 May 2024 08:30 UTC

lcraver@home.ca wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>GLAAD president and CEO Sarah Kate Ellis said networks should continue to
>>cast LGBT characters.
>>
>>�We know that LGBTQ-inclusive series can indeed be successful, as
>>demonstrated by shows like �The Last of Us� and �Yellowjackets,�� Ellis
>>said in response to the findings. �We know it is imperative for the queer
>>community, especially transgender people, to see our lives reflected on
>>screen to counteract the misinformation and harmful rhetoric going
>>unchecked by politicians and journalists. And we know that younger
>>audiences are hungry for shows that truly reflect the world around them.�
>
>So stupid question but how many series period are represented in their
>statistics vs last year? I mean if there are fewer shows it's not
>shocking there would be less characters of ANY sexual preference
>assuming all shows this year have the same number of characters as
>those last year which I agree is an assumption but I don't see
>anything suggesting there are on average fewer characters per show
>this year over past years...

I susepct they make the numbers up to support their premise.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: LGBT Character Representation On TV Decreases Again, Per GLAAD Report

<vie83jh40ib4nblmtfumkultarb1phn7tg@4ax.com>

  copy mid

http://novabbs.i2p/arts/article-flat.php?id=215226&group=rec.arts.tv#215226

From: lcraver@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 02 May 2024 18:14:40 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Fri, 3 May 2024 01:14 UTC

On Thu, 02 May 2024 04:30:43 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
wrote:

>>So stupid question but how many series period are represented in their
>>statistics vs last year? I mean if there are fewer shows it's not
>>shocking there would be less characters of ANY sexual preference
>>assuming all shows this year have the same number of characters as
>>those last year which I agree is an assumption but I don't see
>>anything suggesting there are on average fewer characters per show
>>this year over past years...
>
>I susepct they make the numbers up to support their premise.

Hey if THAT's admissible you'd be amazed at the numbers <I> could come
up with!

Re: LGBT Character Representation On TV Decreases Again, Per GLAAD Report

<57i93j9ok8kvltaghapl7ol0c6tom7j3da@4ax.com>

  copy mid

http://novabbs.i2p/arts/article-flat.php?id=215260&group=rec.arts.tv#215260

From: NoBody@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 03 May 2024 07:23:10 -0400
 by: NoBody - Fri, 3 May 2024 11:23 UTC

wrote:

>lcraver@home.ca wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>>>GLAAD president and CEO Sarah Kate Ellis said networks should continue to
>>>cast LGBT characters.
>>>
>>>“We know that LGBTQ-inclusive series can indeed be successful, as
>>>demonstrated by shows like ‘The Last of Us’ and ‘Yellowjackets,’” Ellis
>>>said in response to the findings. “We know it is imperative for the queer
>>>community, especially transgender people, to see our lives reflected on
>>>screen to counteract the misinformation and harmful rhetoric going
>>>unchecked by politicians and journalists. And we know that younger
>>>audiences are hungry for shows that truly reflect the world around them.”
>>
>>So stupid question but how many series period are represented in their
>>statistics vs last year? I mean if there are fewer shows it's not
>>shocking there would be less characters of ANY sexual preference
>>assuming all shows this year have the same number of characters as
>>those last year which I agree is an assumption but I don't see
>>anything suggesting there are on average fewer characters per show
>>this year over past years...
>
>I susepct they make the numbers up to support their premise.

And in other news, libs complain that child molesters are
underrepresented on TV....

Re: LGBT Character Representation On TV Decreases Again, Per GLAAD Report

<l9k35gF442qU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://novabbs.i2p/arts/article-flat.php?id=215271&group=rec.arts.tv#215271

From: capricorne@gmail.com (Capricorne)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 03 May 2024 08:21:04 -0400
 by: Capricorne - Fri, 3 May 2024 12:21 UTC

NoBody wrote :
> On Thu, 02 May 2024 04:30:43 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
> wrote:
>
>> lcraver@home.ca wrote:

>>> So stupid question but how many series period are represented in their
>>> statistics vs last year? I mean if there are fewer shows it's not
>>> shocking there would be less characters of ANY sexual preference
>>> assuming all shows this year have the same number of characters as
>>> those last year which I agree is an assumption but I don't see
>>> anything suggesting there are on average fewer characters per show
>>> this year over past years...
>>
>> I susepct they make the numbers up to support their premise.
>
> And in other news, libs complain that child molesters are
> underrepresented on TV....

lol

Re: LGBT Character Representation On TV Decreases Again, Per GLAAD Report

<914298429.736453743.216689.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

http://novabbs.i2p/arts/article-flat.php?id=215293&group=rec.arts.tv#215293

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: LGBT Character Representation On TV Decreases Again, Per
GLAAD Report
From: anim8rfsk@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 3 May 2024 11:39:00 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 3 May 2024 18:39 UTC

NoBody <NoBody@nowhere.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 02 May 2024 04:30:43 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
> wrote:
>
>> lcraver@home.ca wrote:

>>> So stupid question but how many series period are represented in their
>>> statistics vs last year? I mean if there are fewer shows it's not
>>> shocking there would be less characters of ANY sexual preference
>>> assuming all shows this year have the same number of characters as
>>> those last year which I agree is an assumption but I don't see
>>> anything suggesting there are on average fewer characters per show
>>> this year over past years...
>>
>> I susepct they make the numbers up to support their premise.
>
> And in other news, libs complain that child molesters are
> underrepresented on TV....

I just got another one of those postcards that tells you they’ve let
another kidnapper/child molester move into your neighborhood. This one has
his name and photo and description (both him and his crimes), but unlike
earlier ones only tells you the nearest main intersection to where he
lives, not his actual physical address. I wonder if that had turned
problematic for them?

--

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: LGBT Character Representation On TV Decreases Again, Per GLAAD Report

1
server_pubkey.txt

rocksolid light 0.9.81
clearnet tor