From: YourName@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.movies, rec.arts.movies.current-films
Subject: [NEWS] "Alien" prequel TV series & new movie
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 13:17:37 +1300
 by: Your Name - Fri, 29 Dec 2023 00:17 UTC

FX to Launch an Alien Prequel Series
------------------------------------
20th Century Studios is continuing to expand the Alien
franchise with the upcoming untitled Alien series which
hails from writer-director Noah Hawley. Set as the
first-ever Alien story set on Earth, the prequel stars
Alex Lawther, Sydney Chandler, Kit Young, Samuel Blenkin
as Boy Kavalier, Essie Davis as Dame Silvia, and Adarsh
Gourav as Slightly.

According to Hawley, the series will explore the more
grounded aspects of the franchise. The director also
touched on the inclusion of Weyland-Yutani - the massive
corporation that's found in nearly every Alien property
- and how he plans to deliver a series that both
captures the horror-action aspect of the Alien franchise
and explores other themes established in the world.

The project is executive produced by Hawley, Ridley Scott,
and Dana Gonzales, with Chris Lowenstein production.
In addition to the upcoming FX series, 20th Century
Studios is also set to release a brand new installment to
the Alien film franchise titled Alien: Romulus, which
hails from director Fede Álvarez.

<https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1462534-disney-to-launch-a-kids-book-adaptation-of-ridley-scotts-alien>

Re: [NEWS] "Alien" prequel TV series & new movie

<14cbe0c4-dbc4-4e96-aa8e-777711d319fa@serijala.com>

  copy mid

http://novabbs.i2p/arts/article-flat.php?id=7927&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#7927

From: dario@serijala.com (Dario Spanovic)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Subject: Re: [NEWS] "Alien" prequel TV series & new movie
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2024 20:04:34 +0100
 by: Dario Spanovic - Tue, 2 Jan 2024 19:04 UTC

On 30.12.2023. 0:03, Rich wrote:
> The first and second movies were self-contained and virtually perfect. What came after weren't so good. Meanwhile, they may PG rate it and that not only means gore is absent, but so is the kind of intensity that characterized the movies. No, what we'll get is a series almost monopolized by some sodden "evil corporation" plot-line which frankly, being so over-used in Hollywood (and land of corporations) is tiring.

I'm betting the series gets the TV-MA rating and I like Hawley, he's
done some good thing with Fargo on FX and I've enjoyed the 2009 ABC show
The Unusuals which he wrote for. As for the new movie... I don't know. I
liked Prometheus and Covenant, but I'm in the minority probably. Alvarez
directed the 2013 Evil Dead which was good and Don't Breathe which was
also fine. Could go wither way, I'm excited but prepared to be disappointed.

--
"I'll wait for you. Always."

arts / rec.arts.movies.current-films / [NEWS] "Alien" prequel TV series & new movie

1
server_pubkey.txt

rocksolid light 0.9.81
clearnet tor