Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Play Want Brrrr (PWBE 4 Dec 2023)
From: kendrick@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2023 01:00:49 +0000
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Mon, 4 Dec 2023 01:00 UTC

It was 24 degrees Centigrade this past weekend in my part of the States.
Anybody want to trade me?

Play:
--=--

Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name (PS5) - What a
perfect, bite-sized game this is. They told this in exactly the right
order, in that portraying all these events chronologically wouldn't have
been nearly as satisfying. We don't have to come in with the information
from Yakuza: Like a Dragon, but knowing things that Kiryu doesn't know
makes his narrative fulfilling in a way it really hasn't been before. It
makes Kiryu's cameo in that game so much more meaningful knowing that
the Omi clan had to earn his respect and his participation, rather than
that just being a plot convenience.

I'm nearly at the end of chapter 2 now, having done things out of order
and powered-up Kiryu beyond what the designers expected of you at this
stage. Basically I can end any fight with any size crowd with about two
or three hits per opponent, fewer if I happen to be near a bicycle. It's
cathartic and relaxing and rejuvenating watching them all ragdoll into
the tarmac like so many collapsed piles of laundry. I'm not really
making much use of the Agent fighting style or gadgets, since Kiryu is
generally a more brute-force street fighter. I get the feeling the Rico
Rodriguez tether lines and the attack quad-copter drones and the *rocket
shoes* are better suited for some other character they haven't yet
invented, and I can't wait to see where they revive all these gameplay
mechanisms that are nearly perfect aside from who's using them.

Want:
--=--

Moar time (RL) - Had to work a bit Sunday. Got in the way of my Like a
Dragon time. Didn't like it.

Bomb Rush Cyberfunk (PS4/NSW) - Disc and cart should be on their way
this week. I say 'should' because there's been a bit of a disruption in
American shipping thanks to Amazon, and carriers across my country are
rebelling against the effects of unfettered consumerism tied to lack of
investment in infrastructure and labour. This is by way of saying that
there are some communities in the States where the Amazon orders are
piled so high that they don't have enough people to deliver them all.
This is going to be a hole in Amazon's business model that they'll have
no ability to plug by themselves.

Bin:
-==-

Nothing gaming-related.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $6,369

Monark (PS4) - $12
Ace Combat 7 (PS4) - $16
Dungeons and Dragons Dark Alliance (XSX) - $12

Total to date - $6,409

-KKC, who has too much to do this week.

Re: Play Want Brrrr (PWBE 4 Dec 2023)

<zwqbN.195013$1in.151990@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

http://novabbs.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1480&group=uk.games.video.misc#1480

From: zgedneil@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Re: Play Want Brrrr (PWBE 4 Dec 2023)
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2023 20:20:47 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Mon, 4 Dec 2023 20:20 UTC

> It was 24 degrees Centigrade this past weekend in my part of the States.
> Anybody want to trade me?

Nothing like single-digit daytime temperatures to remind you just how
far north you actually are. At least it's C not F.

> Play:

Oekaki Puzzle (PS1) - which rubbed it in by one of the puzzles being
an ice cream, I kid you not.

> Basically I can end any fight with any size crowd with about two
> or three hits per opponent, fewer if I happen to be near a bicycle.

I think I always suspected as much.

> Want:

Cheaper bicycle vs. opponent interactions.

> Bin:

Nothing.

-Rus.

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Play Want Brrrr (PWBE 4 Dec 2023)

1
server_pubkey.txt

rocksolid light 0.9.81
clearnet tor