From: polcott2@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: It's been 2 days and Olcott still hasn't said what "correctly
simulated by H" means
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 10:54:57 -0600
 by: olcott - Wed, 17 Jan 2024 16:54 UTC

On 1/17/2024 10:50 AM, immibis wrote:
> On 1/17/24 17:23, olcott wrote:

>>> So you define a correct simulation as a stack overflow crash? Because
>>> that is the only thing you said about it.
>>
>> Do you understand what infinite recursion is?
>> When a correct simulator correctly simulates
>> infinite recursion the system does crash when
>> stack overflow is reached.

>>> So your H isn't a correct simulator.
>>>

>> The definition of a correct simulator is a simulator
>> that correctly simulates each of the x86 instructions
>> that its input specifies.
>>

> Your H ignores some of the instructions.
>
>> The x86 emulator was written by a third party and
>> has decades of validation.
>>

> Nobody is disputing the correct simulation of basic x86 instructions,
> only the things you added to the simulator.

I DID NOT ADD ANYTHING TO THE SIMULATOR

>>> But you made it incorrect by making it stop too soon.
>>
>> I proved that it does not stop too soon when DD correctly
>> simulated by HH only stops when it runs out of stack space.
>>

> This proves that you do not understand the difference between inner and
> outer simulation levels. How much is your software engineering experience?

Since 1984

--
Copyright 2023 Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius

Re: It's been 2 days and Olcott still hasn't said what "correctly simulated by H" means

<uo92gp$24dmn$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://novabbs.i2p/tech/article-flat.php?id=1911&group=sci.logic#1911

From: news@immibis.com (immibis)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
simulated by H" means
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 18:24:41 +0100
 by: immibis - Wed, 17 Jan 2024 17:24 UTC

On 1/17/24 17:54, olcott wrote:
> On 1/17/2024 10:50 AM, immibis wrote:
>> On 1/17/24 17:23, olcott wrote:
>>> The x86 emulator was written by a third party and
>>> has decades of validation.
>>>

>> Nobody is disputing the correct simulation of basic x86 instructions,
>> only the things you added to the simulator.
>>

> I DID NOT ADD ANYTHING TO THE SIMULATOR
So a third party wrote the non-halting pattern detection?

>>> I proved that it does not stop too soon when DD correctly
>>> simulated by HH only stops when it runs out of stack space.
>>>

>> This proves that you do not understand the difference between inner
>> and outer simulation levels. How much is your software engineering
>> experience?
>
> Since 1984

And you still don't understand the difference between outer and inner
simulation levels in a nested simulator. My goodness.

Re: It's been 2 days and Olcott still hasn't said what "correctly simulated by H" means

<uo93dq$24pnc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://novabbs.i2p/tech/article-flat.php?id=1912&group=sci.logic#1912

From: polcott2@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
simulated by H" means
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 11:40:09 -0600
 by: olcott - Wed, 17 Jan 2024 17:40 UTC

On 1/17/2024 11:24 AM, immibis wrote:
> On 1/17/24 17:54, olcott wrote:
>>>>

>>> Nobody is disputing the correct simulation of basic x86 instructions,
>>> only the things you added to the simulator.
>>>

>> I DID NOT ADD ANYTHING TO THE SIMULATOR
> So a third party wrote the non-halting pattern detection?

>>> This proves that you do not understand the difference between inner
>>> and outer simulation levels. How much is your software engineering
>>> experience?
>>
>> Since 1984
>>

> And you still don't understand the difference between outer and inner
> simulation levels in a nested simulator. My goodness.

Unless you somehow prove your technical competence I will
quit talking to you. It seems that you are only a troll.

--
Copyright 2023 Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius

tech / sci.logic / Re: It's been 2 days and Olcott still hasn't said what "correctly simulated by H" means

1
server_pubkey.txt

rocksolid light 0.9.81
clearnet tor