Rocksolid Light

Welcome to Rocksolid Light

"Intelligence without character is a dangerous thing." -- G. Steinem

tech / sci.logic / Re: Incorrect questions and halt deciders --Liars?--

SubjectAuthor
* Incorrect questions and halt decidersolcott
+* Re: Incorrect questions and halt decidersRichard Damon
|`* Re: Incorrect questions and halt decidersolcott
| +* Re: Incorrect questions and halt decidersimmibis
| |`- Re: Incorrect questions and halt decidersolcott
| `* Re: Incorrect questions and halt decidersRichard Damon
|  `* Re: Incorrect questions and halt decidersolcott
|   `* Re: Incorrect questions and halt decidersRichard Damon
|    `* Re: Incorrect questions and halt decidersolcott
|     `* Re: Incorrect questions and halt decidersRichard Damon
|      `* Re: Incorrect questions and halt decidersolcott
|       +- Re: Incorrect questions and halt decidersRichard Damon
|       `* Re: Incorrect questions and halt decidersimmibis
|        `* Re: Incorrect questions and halt deciders --Liars?--olcott
|         `* Re: Incorrect questions and halt deciders --Liars?--Richard Damon
|          `* Re: Incorrect questions and halt deciders --Liars?--olcott
|           `* Re: Incorrect questions and halt deciders --Liars?--Richard Damon
|            `* Re: Incorrect questions and halt deciders --Liars?--olcott
|             `* Re: Incorrect questions and halt deciders --Liars?--Richard Damon
|              `* Re: Incorrect questions and halt deciders --Liars?--olcott
|               `* Re: Incorrect questions and halt deciders --Liars?--Richard Damon
|                `* Re: Incorrect questions and halt deciders --Liars?--olcott
|                 `* Re: Incorrect questions and halt deciders --Liars?--Richard Damon
|                  `* Re: Incorrect questions and halt deciders --Liars?--olcott
|                   `* Re: Incorrect questions and halt deciders --Liars?--Richard Damon
|                    `* Re: Incorrect questions and halt deciders --Liars?--olcott
|                     `- Re: Incorrect questions and halt deciders --Liars?--Richard Damon
`* Re: Incorrect questions and halt decidersimmibis
 `* Re: Incorrect questions and halt decidersolcott
  `* Re: Incorrect questions and halt decidersimmibis
   `* Re: Incorrect questions and halt decidersolcott
    `* Re: Incorrect questions and halt decidersimmibis
     `* Re: Incorrect questions and halt decidersolcott
      `* Re: Incorrect questions and halt decidersimmibis
       `* Re: Incorrect questions and halt decidersolcott
        +- Re: Incorrect questions and halt decidersRichard Damon
        `* Re: Incorrect questions and halt decidersimmibis
         `* Re: Incorrect questions and halt decidersolcott
          `- Re: Incorrect questions and halt decidersRichard Damon

Pages:12
Re: Incorrect questions and halt deciders --Liars?--

<usvpjj$1sokd$3@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

http://novabbs.i2p/tech/article-flat.php?id=4964&group=sci.logic#4964

From: richard@damon-family.org (Richard Damon)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: Incorrect questions and halt deciders --Liars?--
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 14:18:42 -0700
 by: Richard Damon - Thu, 14 Mar 2024 21:18 UTC

On 3/14/24 12:07 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 3/14/2024 11:41 AM, immibis wrote:

>>> This is simply a degree of detail that you choose to ignore.
>>> There is a mapping from H1(D,D) to Halts(D,D)==1
>>> There is no mapping from H(D,D) to Halts(D,D)???

>>> Great, I am glad that you see this too.

>>> The traces prove that this is correct H(D,D)==0 and H1(D,D)==1
>>> You always disagreed with the facts of that. This was the reason
>>> that I mistook you and others for liars.
>>
>> The traces prove that H(D,D) returns 0. The traces do not prove that 0
>> is the correct answer for a halting decider when (D,D) is the input.
>>
>> The following is a correct statement:
>> H(D,D) returns 0.
>>
>> The following is an incorrect statement:
>> A halting decider returns 0 when (D,D) is the input.
>
> The traces prove that H(D,D) returns 0 and H1(D,D) returns 1 and
> Richard and many others kept insisting that it was impossible for
> it to do what it actually did do, directly denying the easily
> verified facts many many dozens of times.
>
> *This is why I called all these people despicable liars*

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Incorrect questions and halt deciders

<usvpnd$1sokd$4@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

http://novabbs.i2p/tech/article-flat.php?id=4965&group=sci.logic#4965

From: richard@damon-family.org (Richard Damon)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: Incorrect questions and halt deciders
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 14:20:45 -0700
 by: Richard Damon - Thu, 14 Mar 2024 21:20 UTC

On 3/14/24 12:24 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 3/14/2024 11:40 AM, immibis wrote:

>>> Halts(D,D) is a standard hypothetical function used to denote the the
>>> halting behavior that D(D) actually has. It is a notational convention.
>>>
>>> mapping from D(D) to Halts(D,D)
>>> maps the actual behavior of D(D) to its actual halt status.
>>> mapping from H1(D,D) to Halts(D,D)==1 meaning that D(D) halts.
>>
>> You still did not explain what you mean by a mapping from D(D) to
>> Halts(D,D). You only explained what you mean by Halts(D,D).
>
> Halts(D,D) is stipulated to correspond to the actual behavior of D(D)
> map(H1(D,D),Halts(D,D))==true
> map(H(D,D),Halts(D,D))==false
>
> Ĥ.q0 ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.Hq0 ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.Hqy ∞ // Ĥ applied to ⟨Ĥ⟩ halts
> Ĥ.q0 ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.Hq0 ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.Hqn     // Ĥ applied to ⟨Ĥ⟩ does not halt
> ∀Ĥ.H (Ĥ.H ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ != Halts(⟨Ĥ⟩, ⟨Ĥ⟩))

In other words, you don't know what a MAPPING means, proving your
stupiditiy and ignorance.

Re: Incorrect questions and halt deciders --Liars?--

<usvr1e$1ru1i$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://novabbs.i2p/tech/article-flat.php?id=4966&group=sci.logic#4966

From: polcott2@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 16:43:10 -0500
 by: olcott - Thu, 14 Mar 2024 21:43 UTC

On 3/14/2024 4:18 PM, Richard Damon wrote:
> On 3/14/24 12:07 PM, olcott wrote:

>>> The traces prove that H(D,D) returns 0. The traces do not prove that
>>> 0 is the correct answer for a halting decider when (D,D) is the input.
>>>
>>> The following is a correct statement:
>>> H(D,D) returns 0.
>>>
>>> The following is an incorrect statement:
>>> A halting decider returns 0 when (D,D) is the input.
>>
>> The traces prove that H(D,D) returns 0 and H1(D,D) returns 1 and
>> Richard and many others kept insisting that it was impossible for
>> it to do what it actually did do, directly denying the easily
>> verified facts many many dozens of times.
>>
>> *This is why I called all these people despicable liars*
>>

> It is IMPOSSIBLE for them to do so IF they were two copies of the same
> computation, as you claimed.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Incorrect questions and halt deciders --Liars?--

<usvs7n$1sokc$7@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

http://novabbs.i2p/tech/article-flat.php?id=4969&group=sci.logic#4969

From: richard@damon-family.org (Richard Damon)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 15:03:34 -0700
 by: Richard Damon - Thu, 14 Mar 2024 22:03 UTC

<usvvc4$1ss1q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://novabbs.i2p/tech/article-flat.php?id=4973&group=sci.logic#4973

From: polcott2@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 17:57:08 -0500
 by: olcott - Thu, 14 Mar 2024 22:57 UTC

On 3/14/2024 5:03 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> It is IMPOSSIBLE for them to do so IF they were two copies of the
>>> same computation, as you claimed.
>>>

>> I never claimed that they were the same computation, you simply falsely
>> assumed that on the basis that you adamantly refused to look at the
>> proof that H1(D,D) and H(D,D) did correctly do exactly what I said that
>> they did.
>
> Yes you did!
>

>>> Omitting that qualification just makes your statement a blatant lie.
>>>
>> I challenge you to find where I ever said that they are the same
>> computation.
>
> If they weren't then why would you bring H1 up and claim that made H right?

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Incorrect questions and halt deciders --Liars?--

<ut089p$1tev2$4@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

http://novabbs.i2p/tech/article-flat.php?id=4988&group=sci.logic#4988

From: richard@damon-family.org (Richard Damon)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 18:29:29 -0700
 by: Richard Damon - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 01:29 UTC

<ut0g91$23j1s$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://novabbs.i2p/tech/article-flat.php?id=4999&group=sci.logic#4999

From: polcott2@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 22:45:36 -0500
 by: olcott - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 03:45 UTC

On 3/14/2024 8:29 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> Yes you did!

>>> If they weren't then why would you bring H1 up and claim that made H
>>> right?
>>>

>> In other words you know that I never said that they are the same
>> computation, thus I am not the Liar here.
>>

> Nope, I know what you said.
>
> Authorize payment of search time, and I wll work on it,
>
> I don't work for free.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Incorrect questions and halt deciders --Liars?--

<ut0hjq$1tev8$11@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

http://novabbs.i2p/tech/article-flat.php?id=5000&group=sci.logic#5000

From: richard@damon-family.org (Richard Damon)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 21:08:26 -0700
 by: Richard Damon - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 04:08 UTC

<ut0i7u$23j22$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://novabbs.i2p/tech/article-flat.php?id=5001&group=sci.logic#5001

From: polcott2@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 23:19:10 -0500
 by: olcott - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 04:19 UTC

On 3/14/2024 11:08 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> Nope, I know what you said.
>>>
>>> Authorize payment of search time, and I wll work on it,
>>>
>>> I don't work for free.
>>>

>> *I say that I never said that and that you are mistaken yet not lying*
>> Now that we both understand how H(D,D) and H1(D,D) do compute different
>> results your claims to the contrary have been fully refuted.
>
> And you are just lying about that.
>
> Nope, you are just shown to continue the lies.
>
> Are you willing to committ to say a 50k bounty (+ collection costs if
> you don't pay) if I can show your implied and agreed that they were?

You make a claim.
I claim you are mistaken.
You can either find the quote and refute me or we drop it as unresolved.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Incorrect questions and halt deciders --Liars?--

<ut0j2k$1tev8$12@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

http://novabbs.i2p/tech/article-flat.php?id=5002&group=sci.logic#5002

From: richard@damon-family.org (Richard Damon)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 21:33:24 -0700
<ustk88$18fp9$1@dont-email.me> <ustq1i$1qebb$1@i2pn2.org>
<ustrv6$1dg5a$1@dont-email.me> <usttb8$1qebb$2@i2pn2.org>
<ustueh$1dtaj$1@dont-email.me> <ustviq$1qebc$1@i2pn2.org>
<usu0eh$1dtb2$2@dont-email.me> <usv9cl$1no1u$2@dont-email.me>
<usvht5$1prhb$1@dont-email.me> <usvpjj$1sokd$3@i2pn2.org>
<usvr1e$1ru1i$1@dont-email.me> <usvs7n$1sokc$7@i2pn2.org>
<usvvc4$1ss1q$1@dont-email.me> <ut089p$1tev2$4@i2pn2.org>
<ut0g91$23j1s$1@dont-email.me> <ut0hjq$1tev8$11@i2pn2.org>
<ut0i7u$23j22$2@dont-email.me>
 by: Richard Damon - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 04:33 UTC

<ut0jll$23sup$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://novabbs.i2p/tech/article-flat.php?id=5003&group=sci.logic#5003

From: polcott2@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 23:43:33 -0500
<ustk88$18fp9$1@dont-email.me> <ustq1i$1qebb$1@i2pn2.org>
<ustrv6$1dg5a$1@dont-email.me> <usttb8$1qebb$2@i2pn2.org>
<ustueh$1dtaj$1@dont-email.me> <ustviq$1qebc$1@i2pn2.org>
<usu0eh$1dtb2$2@dont-email.me> <usv9cl$1no1u$2@dont-email.me>
<usvht5$1prhb$1@dont-email.me> <usvpjj$1sokd$3@i2pn2.org>
<usvr1e$1ru1i$1@dont-email.me> <usvs7n$1sokc$7@i2pn2.org>
<usvvc4$1ss1q$1@dont-email.me> <ut089p$1tev2$4@i2pn2.org>
<ut0g91$23j1s$1@dont-email.me> <ut0hjq$1tev8$11@i2pn2.org>
<ut0i7u$23j22$2@dont-email.me> <ut0j2k$1tev8$12@i2pn2.org>
 by: olcott - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 04:43 UTC

On 3/14/2024 11:33 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> And you are just lying about that.
>>>
>>> Nope, you are just shown to continue the lies.
>>>
>>> Are you willing to committ to say a 50k bounty (+ collection costs if
>>> you don't pay) if I can show your implied and agreed that they were?
>>>
>> You make a claim.
>> I claim you are mistaken.
>> You can either find the quote and refute me or we drop it as unresolved.
>
> We can drop it as it isn't really important.

>>> But I have, and even commented on them, so you are just mistaken there.
>>
>> You never looked at them well enough to confirm that
>> H1(D,D) and H(D,D) were simulated correctly.
>>

> Nope, in fact I frequently pointed out that H FAILED to correctly
> simulate as its simulation of the CALL H assumed that H would not return.

The execution traces prove that HH(D,D) must abort and H1(D,D) need not
abort.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Incorrect questions and halt deciders --Liars?--

<ut0lqb$1tev8$14@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

http://novabbs.i2p/tech/article-flat.php?id=5004&group=sci.logic#5004

From: richard@damon-family.org (Richard Damon)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 22:20:11 -0700
<ustk88$18fp9$1@dont-email.me> <ustq1i$1qebb$1@i2pn2.org>
<ustrv6$1dg5a$1@dont-email.me> <usttb8$1qebb$2@i2pn2.org>
<ustueh$1dtaj$1@dont-email.me> <ustviq$1qebc$1@i2pn2.org>
<usu0eh$1dtb2$2@dont-email.me> <usv9cl$1no1u$2@dont-email.me>
<usvht5$1prhb$1@dont-email.me> <usvpjj$1sokd$3@i2pn2.org>
<usvr1e$1ru1i$1@dont-email.me> <usvs7n$1sokc$7@i2pn2.org>
<usvvc4$1ss1q$1@dont-email.me> <ut089p$1tev2$4@i2pn2.org>
<ut0g91$23j1s$1@dont-email.me> <ut0hjq$1tev8$11@i2pn2.org>
<ut0i7u$23j22$2@dont-email.me> <ut0j2k$1tev8$12@i2pn2.org>
<ut0jll$23sup$2@dont-email.me>
 by: Richard Damon - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 05:20 UTC

<ut1tl1$2c29l$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://novabbs.i2p/tech/article-flat.php?id=5019&group=sci.logic#5019

From: polcott2@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 11:40:00 -0500
<ustk88$18fp9$1@dont-email.me> <ustq1i$1qebb$1@i2pn2.org>
<ustrv6$1dg5a$1@dont-email.me> <usttb8$1qebb$2@i2pn2.org>
<ustueh$1dtaj$1@dont-email.me> <ustviq$1qebc$1@i2pn2.org>
<usu0eh$1dtb2$2@dont-email.me> <usv9cl$1no1u$2@dont-email.me>
<usvht5$1prhb$1@dont-email.me> <usvpjj$1sokd$3@i2pn2.org>
<usvr1e$1ru1i$1@dont-email.me> <usvs7n$1sokc$7@i2pn2.org>
<usvvc4$1ss1q$1@dont-email.me> <ut089p$1tev2$4@i2pn2.org>
<ut0g91$23j1s$1@dont-email.me> <ut0hjq$1tev8$11@i2pn2.org>
<ut0i7u$23j22$2@dont-email.me> <ut0j2k$1tev8$12@i2pn2.org>
<ut0jll$23sup$2@dont-email.me> <ut0lqb$1tev8$14@i2pn2.org>
 by: olcott - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 16:40 UTC

On 3/15/2024 12:20 AM, Richard Damon wrote:

> [...]
>

>>> There were MANY arguments where you tried to claim that a partial
>>> simulation of N steps WAS a correct simulation that allowed it use to
>>> show non-halting.
>>
>> As soon as H(D,D) sees a 100% definite non-halting behavior pattern
>> then H(D,D) must abort the simulation of its input.
>
> How can it be 100% definite non-halting behavior when you admit that
> D(D) halts even though it has the pattern in it (And H1 verifies it)
>
> It may be you can try to claim "Needs to abort" with some strained
> definitions, but it can't be a correct Halting Determination, which is
> what the actual problem is.
>

>> *That 100% definite non-halting behavior pattern is shown below*
>>
>>   machine   stack     stack     machine    assembly
>>   address   address   data      code       language
>>   ========  ========  ========  =========  =============
>> [00001d22][00102fc9][00000000] 55         push ebp        ; begin main()
>> [00001d23][00102fc9][00000000] 8bec       mov ebp,esp
>> [00001d25][00102fc5][00001c22] 68221c0000 push 00001c22   ; push DD
>> [00001d2a][00102fc1][00001c22] 68221c0000 push 00001c22   ; push DD
>> [00001d2f][00102fbd][00001d34] e80ef6ffff call 00001342   ; call HH
>> New slave_stack at:10306d
>>
>> Begin Local Halt Decider Simulation   Execution Trace Stored at:113075
>> [00001c22][00113061][00113065] 55         push ebp        ; begin DD
>> [00001c23][00113061][00113065] 8bec       mov ebp,esp
>> [00001c25][0011305d][00103031] 51         push ecx
>> [00001c26][0011305d][00103031] 8b4508     mov eax,[ebp+08]
>> [00001c29][00113059][00001c22] 50         push eax        ; push DD
>> [00001c2a][00113059][00001c22] 8b4d08     mov ecx,[ebp+08]
>> [00001c2d][00113055][00001c22] 51         push ecx        ; push DD
>> [00001c2e][00113051][00001c33] e80ff7ffff call 00001342   ; call HH
>> New slave_stack at:14da95
>
> Note, incorrect simulation follows, should be a simulation of H
> simulating its input
>

>> [00001c22][0015da89][0015da8d] 55         push ebp        ; begin DD
>> [00001c23][0015da89][0015da8d] 8bec       mov ebp,esp
>> [00001c25][0015da85][0014da59] 51         push ecx
>> [00001c26][0015da85][0014da59] 8b4508     mov eax,[ebp+08]
>> [00001c29][0015da81][00001c22] 50         push eax        ; push DD
>> [00001c2a][0015da81][00001c22] 8b4d08     mov ecx,[ebp+08]
>> [00001c2d][0015da7d][00001c22] 51         push ecx        ; push DD
>> [00001c2e][0015da79][00001c33] e80ff7ffff call 00001342   ; call HH
>> Infinite Recursion Detected Simulation Stopped return 0 to main()
>>

> Which is incorrect
>
> Since if H does this (returns 0), then the above call to H will also be
> returned to.
>
> Unless of course, H isn't actually a computation and thus you have been
> lying for years.
>
> You did try to do that, so I won't put you past trying it again.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Incorrect questions and halt deciders --Liars?--

<ut1uvt$1vpl4$9@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

http://novabbs.i2p/tech/article-flat.php?id=5023&group=sci.logic#5023

From: richard@damon-family.org (Richard Damon)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 10:02:53 -0700
<ustk88$18fp9$1@dont-email.me> <ustq1i$1qebb$1@i2pn2.org>
<ustrv6$1dg5a$1@dont-email.me> <usttb8$1qebb$2@i2pn2.org>
<ustueh$1dtaj$1@dont-email.me> <ustviq$1qebc$1@i2pn2.org>
<usu0eh$1dtb2$2@dont-email.me> <usv9cl$1no1u$2@dont-email.me>
<usvht5$1prhb$1@dont-email.me> <usvpjj$1sokd$3@i2pn2.org>
<usvr1e$1ru1i$1@dont-email.me> <usvs7n$1sokc$7@i2pn2.org>
<usvvc4$1ss1q$1@dont-email.me> <ut089p$1tev2$4@i2pn2.org>
<ut0g91$23j1s$1@dont-email.me> <ut0hjq$1tev8$11@i2pn2.org>
<ut0i7u$23j22$2@dont-email.me> <ut0j2k$1tev8$12@i2pn2.org>
<ut0jll$23sup$2@dont-email.me> <ut0lqb$1tev8$14@i2pn2.org>
<ut1tl1$2c29l$5@dont-email.me>
 by: Richard Damon - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 17:02 UTC

server_pubkey.txt

rocksolid light 0.9.81
clearnet tor